07 May 2009

yeah...it's for real

KB is in a meeting, being laid off as we speak. I was freaking out a little yesterday (although I maintained a calm and collected outward appearance, of course). However, today...I think we are both fine with it. It's the universe's way of telling us that KB is meant to do something else with her life (which we already knew) and now we can concentrate on the things that matter. Plus, now KB won't be voluntarily leaving her job in two months, so we qualify for unemployment and reduced cost COBRA. Hey...you know what? This is actually starting to look pretty good!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Congrats? on the lay-off. Sounds like things may line up nicely for you! I just found your blog from mdc and clicked over. May I ask, what field is your PhD in? I'm guessing psychology as you mentioned clinical work and had earlier mentioned stats and Match Day... I have a friend who lives in Worcester who is about to being her psych internship near there (can't remember if it's exactly in W or not). I'd be happy to try to help you guys with finding a place or such. I too will be in the boat of internship moving a year from now, so I'm thrilled to follow your blog and see how things go for you!