09 May 2009

7 dpo

Today is the last day of our first week of waiting. It's gone by slowly...and I have had my crazy moments...but not even a fraction of the crazy that I had during past tries. Maybe it's because there is so much else to concentrate on right now...the move...KB's forced vacation...finishing up at the University...winding down with clients...lots to do. However, this next week, despite all I have to do, will go by even more slowly and be even more painful. I hate 2ww. I hate it so much. Everything is a sign that we are or are not pregnant. It can be the same symptom for both sides of the coin and our symptoms are not real...they are caused by progesterone...why do I keep forgetting this? Maybe it's because I am in denial. Or maybe it's because I have a hard time of letting go of hope. No matter how much I try to be realistic, I am always going to hope. Afterall, it would be weird if I was trying so hard to get my wife pregnant but had no hope of it succeeding!
The good news is KB's temps came back up to "normal elevation" today. They dipped down a little yesterday morning. I think it was just a fluke...like maybe she slept with the covers off or something. Who knows. It seems that ttc is really just a crapshoot anyway.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Could have been an implantation dip, no?
It's nice to have distraction during the tww, I can't imagine how horrible it would be if you were just sitting at home with nothing to do but play on the internet for two weeks!

stacey said...

Could be implantation dip and could be nothing. I am trying to remain very neutral with the emotions. I will glom on to any bit of hope which can be dangerous!