25 May 2009

Homemade ice cream and sweet potato casserole

I read on some online folklore pregnancy site that there are some natural ways of increasing ovulation. Our RE says that it can't hurt, but he doesn't think it will help either. I figure, if it can't hurt, why not...at the very least it is something fun to do together on my only day off for a while. So today we bought all the necessary ingredients for homemade ice cream and for sweet potato casserole. Apparently both dairy and sweet potatoes increase the chances of having fraternal twins (which obviously means increasing ovulation...and hey...if we end up with fraternal twins...fantastic, I have several sets of twins in my family...so I'm all for it). So that is the new thing we are adding this month. It gives us something to focus on while we are in this laborious ttc journey (plus I really love homemade iced cream...and I enjoy the arm workout I get from churning it).

And for the update, today is cd7 and our last day of clomid. Tomorrow starts estradiol for 5 days. Thursday is our follicle u/s and hopefully hcg trigger.

And in completely unrelated news...the best news of all in fact...is that I don't have to see my boss at the clinic until June 1st. She is gone this week. So if I am not busy, I can close my door to the office and crochet stuffed animals instead of cataloging a bunch of bullshit in the clinic library that nobody uses. Life is good. :)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Yum! Ice cream!
We bought some cassava-based vitamin c to try to help increase the likelihood of twins. Never did much for us though.
Good luck!