18 May 2009

BFN and retail therapy...

At first when we read of some fellow ttc-bloggers purchasing something for their not-yet-conceived child after each BFN, we thought that would be torture for us...but alas, we have reached the point in our ttc journey where it is quite therapeutic. It keeps me focused on the future and holding on to optimism, that it will somehow and in some way happen for us one day. So after a dissappointing BFN, the wife and I spent some quality time at target. We got a few really cute onesies, some soft shoes with giraffes on them, a dinosaur hooded towel, and a zip-up sweatshirt. We went a little overboard, but it was worth it. And so far, all of our baby stuff is stuff that I made...

I confess I also stopped at the fabric store yesterday and bought enough fabric to make a few pairs of baby shorts, a shirt, and two sleepers. I also bought some yarn and am currently crocheting a monkey stuffed animal...to be followed in the next several months by a lion, giraffe, and maybe a turtle. A little overboard, huh? We basically just jumped ship!

1 comment:

Ju said...

Can I apply this idea retroactively? I'm going to target.com right now!