23 May 2009

I always find it funny when I hear that people hate the first tww in their cycle. We are cd5 today. I haven't so much as glimpsed at the wife's temp charts (she is doing them on the computer now though, so it is harder to "glimpse"). And I love this half of every month...especially now that I am not stressed about predicting ovulation. I now pay our RE for that...thank you very much...no more pseudo-gynocologist for me! Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I have a problem checking the wife for fertile signs, but I really just don't need to see her cervix every day...makes things so clinical! So now is the time when we just sit back and enjoy our stress-free wait until we ovulate...afterall, no risk yet, we haven't inseminated so there is nothing to be stressed about. I also find that I get most of my work done during this half of the cycle. Despite my resolution to be zen-like and not check forums 100 times a day during the second half, I still do it...and I am not sure there is a cure for this. So, this is when the paperwork and dissertation work gets done. I don't see much of my wife...but I see plenty of her during the second half while I am obsessing...but it balances out (even though I really would not mind being with her all of the time...in a non-co-dependent, I-just-like-my-wife-and-she-is-my-best-friend kind of way).

AF has ended...two more days of clomid. followed by 5 of estradiol. We go to the RE on Thursday for follicle u/s and possibly (fingers crossed) an HCG-Trigger shot. Hopefully we will be inseminating on my wife's 35th (I mean 33rd birthday...we have decided she is the new benjamin button)...that would be a great time...insemination on the wife's 35th and it would be due on my 29th birthday. who could ask for better timing? Come on universe...do your thing...after all, we are good people. We pay our taxes, volunteer, donate to charity, and love animals...isn't it our turn for some good karma?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I think it should be your time! Those birthday to birthday dates sound perfect!