01 October 2008

too efficient...

A colleague and I were criticized at work for being too efficient today...that is the funniest criticism I have ever received...and I think I will take it as a compliment.

Apparently the administrative assistant is feeling slighted because we don't spend a quarter of our day making chit chat with her and sometimes ignore her when she comes into our office because we need to get work done. Now, if she made chit chat for 5 minutes a day, that would be one thing...but when the woman talks your ear off for an HOUR AT A TIME (and this is unfortunately not an exaggeration) that is another story...and I am not going to lie, I find myself deliberately not responding to her conversations because if she sucks me in I am afraid I will never come back up for air.

I am a busy lady. Aside from finishing my PhD and doing some extra statistical consulting work, I am also trying to get my wife pregnant and am dealing with these stupid stupid health issues. So I am sorry if I don't have time to add the administrative assistant to my case-load of therapy.

On the bright side....today is cd6, I am having an echo-cardiogram tomorrow to help in figuring out why I am not adequately diffusing oxygen from my lungs to my heart, and my residency applications will be out of my living room in exactly 3 1/2 weeks...so life will pick up again really soon.
:)
too efficient. HA.

No comments: