06 October 2008

I am ready to move

Scene: Our car at 5:30 am this morning.

KB: What is that noise?
me: What noise?
KB: It sounds like we are dragging something.

I get out to look around...."What the hell!?!" Somebody had stolen the spare tire off of the back of our RAV-4. And the cover was stuck to the bottom of the car, dragging behind us on our way to the gym. So I got the cover un-stuck and cursed all the way to the gym, noticing along the way, all of the other SUV's with missing back tires and covers laying beside them...just tossed aside. "Well, at least we weren't targeted..."

So then, on the way to work, my tire pressure indicator light comes on...and I am thinking..."sh*t...just my luck that there would be a problem on the day that my spare tire is stolen." Turns out, there are sensors in all five tires and the light comes on if it cannot read one. Given the fact that it was stolen and is probably far far away, I take comfort in the fact that myt security features of my car are actually working...that is a plus. So I go get an estimate to get the tire replaced, the light turned off, and for the hell of it, locking lugnuts-one for each tire...so that I never have to deal with this again. Approximately $800. Yikes. Good thing I have insurance...and the deductible is $250. Even though it sucks that I have to pay anything when something was stolen from me. Bastards. I dare them to try it again.

And I am now officially ready to move out of the city. That was my last straw...that's all it took.

No comments: