25 October 2008

Not pregnant...and taking a break

nope. not pregnant. Could have been a chemical pregnancy...who knows for sure...and really...who cares at this point. And now, due to timing and uncertainty about our living situation exactly 9 months from now, we are forced to take a break until February 23rd, when I find out where we are going for my residency/clinical internship. I finished stuffing my application packets this morning, which was surreal. I can see the end of my PhD on the horizon...it feels pretty good. One chapter, starting to close, and hopefully in 4 1/2 months another will be beginning.

KB has decided to use this time wisely...engage in some serious working out and better preparing our minds and bodies for the trials of pregnancy...and she is going to add another day to her volunteering and start studying for the GRE's. Perhaps she will begin her masters in Library Science next semester...I think that this is a great idea.

As for me, I am going to try and pull together a few manuscripts for publication, and focus heavily on my dissertation data collection. And of course, I have to prepare for upcoming interviews for the above mentioned internship sites...so that is something to fill my time. I'd also like to drop maybe 10 lbs...that is a realistic goal I think.

And before we start this madness all over again, I think we are going to go on a mini vacation...some place warm and sunny...to just relax and clear our minds. I really don't want to be THAT couple...the one that keeps trying and trying, but it never happens. I guess nobody wants to be that couple...and I know we have only tried twice now...but every BFN sends you into an even greater stage of irrationality and fatalism.

That is where we are at. I probably will not post much in the months ahead...see you in March.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry it didn't work out this time. TTC can really be a total mind and body fuck. I hope the break replenishes you both.