27 October 2008

a conundrum

So, this is weird. KB never got her period...less than a tsp. of actual blood...the rest was this brown gunk which lasted a total of maybe 24 hours and then suddenly stopped. What the hell is this stuff anyway?

So, no period symptoms, no real period--just some spotting, a lot of brown gunk---which has now ended.

Many negative sticks, none that are clearly positive--although, KB thought she saw a faint faint line this morning---I didn't really see it.

We don't know what this means and are trying not to get our hopes up, which is really really really difficult given that this is cd32/18dpo. KB has never had a cycle longer than 28 days in her life, nor has she skipped a period...and she always gets period symptoms...like clockwork.

We are going to test again in two days, and play it safe alcohol/caffeine-wise until we know for sure. If we do not get a visit from AF by Thursday/Friday we are going in for bloodwork.

My earlier pessimism (yesterday) is replaced with cautious optimism...we will keep you posted.

2 comments:

nutella said...

In pregnancy test land, a line is a line, no matter how faint. I'd suggest switching brands of pg test to see if you get clearer results. And I agree that a blood test sounds liek the way to go if AF hasn't shown herself by Thursday. Hoping the news is good!

stacey said...

So...screw Thursday...we are going in for a blood test TOMORROW! They had one opening and we snatched it...at least we will know either way...I think I might pee myself I am so excited...so much for cautious optimism, huh?