19 October 2008

10 dpo...still nothing...

Hard day yesterday...I almost had to flush the pregnancy sticks...still no signs or symptoms...except that we felt the urge to bake/cook all weekend long. So now we have a fully stocked freezer of pureed butternut squash soup, applesauce, spaghetti sauce, and brownies. The great thing, is that I got to try out my new food processor...and I became inspired. I have decided that I am going to make our baby food once we actually have a baby. It's pretty exciting...let me tell you. When I get a project going, I go crazy. Seriously. I hate stopping once I have started and I can never make one batch of anything...if it isn't at least a triple batch I am annoyed...so once we finally are pregnant...we will need another freezer.

Two years ago, I started making baby clothes for fun...now we have a whole chest full of baby clothes...something like 45 different items. At several points during that project, our house looked like a sweatshop. I think one day, I made 15 onesies. So I am sort of a compulsive project doer. I recognize this...which is why it is dangerous when I discover something new...like the food processor. I am fighting back the urge right now to go make 10 gallons of split pea soup.

At least it would be a wonderful distraction from the 2ww...which is getting harder...but still nothing compared to last month.

No comments: