08 January 2010

She's not that bad...

This is partly to set the record straight, and partly to avoid future wrath...but really y'all, the wife is not that bad in terms of emotional lability...yet.

Sure, she takes things in unintended ways...more so than usual, and she doesn't like it when my reaction is not what she expected (like this morning, when she spilled half a bin of cereal on the floor and I remained neutral instead of laughing hysterically at her clutsyness)..but she isn't a dragon lady or anything.

Sure she freaks out a bit whenever she feels an uncomfortable sensation because she fears miscarriage more than anything, and she won't listen to the well-informed voice of reason (me), but she's not living in a constant state of panic...just a few minutes each day.

And while she is falling asleep around 730 (at the latest) each night and she hasn't been much help in helping me decide what to make for dinner every night (or lunches or breakfast), she has yet to throw up.

She does have this constant rhythmic burping thing going on and the pregnancy breath...well, it's not good folks. The clutsyness and forgetfulness has definitely increased by 50% or so and I'm thinking of taking up a new hobby for periods where she's napping or asleep before dinner. And while she is resistant to me looking at diaper-bags, she picked out a lot of baby books and just bought a Doppler on the Internet.
But all in all guys, she's carrying my child, and in my book she is perfectly justified in doing almost anything (plus...I know I will be much worse when I'm up to bat...it will be more than revenge!).

No comments: