21 September 2008

I hate this stupid game

I woke up this morning in a foul mood...both times. Let me explain something. I live in an "S" shaped condo building on one of the outer wings. In our little section of the S-curve there are about 12 units, 6 of whom we are pretty friendly with. We have bi-weekly cook-outs during the summer, watch each other's pets when they are on vacation, hang out with one couple's children, and just all around like eachother as neighbors. Almost all of us in this little section own our condos. One does not...they are on the 3rd of 3 floors, we are on the first of three floors. There is just one condo between us and them...and they are 22 years old in a big and excititng city.

Last night, I was awoken from a very pleasant sleep at 3:45 am, by several noises. These young neighbors of ours were apparently having some people over, and these people decided it was okay to ring everybody's buzzer in the whole entire building in order to try and get in. Our buzzers are clearly labelled. If it is not your last name or your host's last name...don't ring the damned buzzer at the crack of fucking dawn!

The doorway is more or less directly outside our bedroom window, which we sleep with open during the summer months. They were loud and unruly and I was quickly becoming furious. I ignored the first buzzer ringing...the second time, being tired of also listening to my ferocious 17-lb guard dog sound the alarms, I got up and went to my front door to buzz the bastards in. By the time I got there, it was too late, their friend had finally buzzed them in. I wanted to open my front door and have some words, but I realized that I forgot to put on pants...and while we are friendly with our neighbors, there is a line that should not be crossed.

I went back to bed, and not more than 30 seconds later, the host was screaming out his livingroom window to some more friends on the sidewalk below...why they need to have a conversation through their window at this time of night? Alcohol...it is to blame. I was pissed off beyond all belief. Not only had I been woken up, but I also had to physically get up to try and take care of the situation and calm my dog down, only to find out that they had already gotten in...and stomped up the stairs loudly like a heard of fucking elephants...and the worst part about it was that I probably would not be able to fall asleep for at least an hour. I have to be in a completely zen state to nod out...and I was definitely not feeling very zen right about now.

I start to get out of bed to make my second attempt at confronting them...this time with more purpose and drive to accomplish this feat...but my beautiful unaffected wife says to me, " honey...leave them alone, they are barely out of college and just having a good time. You were at the same place once."

No, I was not. I never stomped up my neighbors stairwell, or those of my friends, being loud and obnoxious. I never rang the buzzers of people I didn't know in the middle of the night. I did what you are supposed to do...begin the party sober, stay there, get drunk, and spend the night...then leave the next morning quietly so as not to attract attention or have to explain one's self.

And if I was ever as obnoxious and just plain as rude as these people, I would of expected somebody to confront me. How else will they learn?

I didn't confront them. I did what my wife asked and went back to bed...but neither of us could sleep right away and all of a sudden KB had to pee. So we decided, maybe this would be a good time to pee on a stick. 11dpo and we still are not pregnant folks. But it is okay, because we are still 5 days off from KB's expected period. At this point, the HPT's are only 50% accurate...that is the same as flipping a damned coin. Maybe I should create my own test, it would cost me a quarter rather than $18.99 and the outcome would be just as valid and reliable.

I am really starting to hate this whole wait and we decided we are not testing again until d-day...this upcoming Friday. If I couldn't sleep before, I definitely could not sleep very well after this news. It took me an hour and a half to doze off. And I woke up depressed and tired, and not looking forward to a day with family.

The back porch cookout is this evening. Maybe I will go and tell the 22 year-olds off. If they show up. They might still be sleeping after their long night of annoying their neighbors.

No comments: