23 September 2008

Bad days coming in waves...

These days, it seems like every other day is good, and the remainders are all bad...everything about them...not just the pregnancy-related stuff...but mostly that.

Yesterday was a bad day. I got home from a very long day of work around 9:30 pm and walked into the bedroom to discover that the cat had peed on the bed. This is the second time she has done this in the past 10 days. And all I am thinking is, I want to kill her. Let me explain. No, let me sum up...I am very allergic to her as it is, so I haven't really developed a strong bond with her...as I associate her with uncomfortable allergy feelings. But she is KB's cat, and she is 13 years old and as far as cats go, she is probably my favorite. We got home from Ohio last weekend and she had peed on the mattress and our fairly new couch...which is a lot harder to clean than a mattress. The brand new down comforter was also ruined...and those things aren't exactly cheap. So I was pissed then...and I am pissed now...and if she doesn't knock it off, I am going to put her on meds. Her litter box is clean...nothing has changed recently...perhaps there is a medical problem...we are taking her to the vet in the next day or so.

In the meantime, I found a fantastic home remedy that saved the mattress...got the smell completely out...the down comforter though...not so lucky, and we can't use the remedy on the couch...it might discolor it. I am going to go buy a plastic tarp to put over the bed so that she can't ruin anything again. And perhaps the dry-cleaner can take care of the couch cushion?

So that was the catalyst for an emotional episode about the cat. I think she thinks I hate the cat...which is not true...I am just not a cat person, and I don't like our stuff that we just bought/got as gifts ruined because she is mad.

KB also was upset because she "just doesn't feel pregnant." we are only 13 dpo. So it is still too early to tell. Friday things might become a little clearer. I know we said we weren't testing again, but KB wanted to, and I am not arguing with her when she is already upset about the cat. Negative. Although it is only 63% accurate today. So again, I am not giving up, even if she already has...but it sure did ruin my day. I just want it to be Friday...

No comments: