22 December 2009

An early urge to nest?

I am sitting in my office at work waiting for a patient who probably will not show up, as has been my personal (or maybe the holiday) plague the past few days. And honestly, I'm kind of excited because I didn't want to see her anyway...or anyone for that matter...because all I can think of is going home and starting my 5-day holiday vacation at approximately 930pm tonight! The wife still has to work tomorrow...which is okay, because I am going to spend the day making Christmas cookies, watching shows she isn't into, and crocheting baby booties. That's right. I said it. I have started crocheting things for baby huckleberry. I welcome this activity because it adds a little variety to my obsession from last week: sewing baby clothes.

Since finding out about the huckleberry, I think I have sewn 10 pairs of shorts, two fleece sleepers, two fleece hoodies, and 3 or 4 shirts. To put this into perspective, I actually set up the dining room table, named it my "sweatshop" and wouldn't even allow KB to set so much as a water glass upon it. And I made all of these outfits in approximately 3 evenings. Also, I think we already have about 100 or so articles of clothing that I made over the course of the last few years for the bean. It's nuts. I can never do anything halfway...I always go overboard.

So now, it's on to booties, and hats, and if I can find a pattern for crocheting sweaters for infants, I will do that too. I have a pattern for a two year old, maybe I can just cut the number of stitches in half...we'll see how that turns out. I have a lot of spare yarn around anyway...what else am I going to do with it.

But I am wondering what my next project will be. When will I stop? I feel like I only really have 6 months to get everything ready...and I work alot, so why not capitalize on my time now? Trying to pace myself...but it's too hard. I think this is my way of handling my excitement...and also of feeling more involved as the non-gestational mother. KB understands this, thank goodness...

No comments: