15 June 2009

Status

cd2 of this cycle. It came pretty quick. Stopped the progesterone gel, and the next day my wife regrettedly greeted AF. She went in for her baseline stuff today...and apparently they want us back in on cd10 for a folly-check, and most likely a trigger shot. Originally (last month) they had said they would probably have us come in earlier during this cycle because KB responded so well to the clomid and they would want to trigger sooner. Now they are saying "there is no way to tell from month to month if you will respond the same way to clomid, so it's better to just come in on day 10." I wish someone would get their story straight! This is the kind of conflicting information that we keep getting and that I find to be extremely frustrating. And what is worse, is that this means I won't be there for the IUI's. Most likely they will be occurring on day 11 and 12, and I will be at work on those days. There is no way out of working those days either, considering I have only 6 days left at that job. This sucks. I hate not being there at possible-conception. It makes me feel more removed from the process....like I am not needed for us to conceive (which logically I know is true...but I don't like it any more). That said, we don't want to skip a cycle just because I can't be there. Especially not after already paying $300 for today's work and the $200 vial of sperm they are holding ransom from last month's leftovers. So if my calendar is correct, we will be testing on July 6th. And this month (knock on wood) I am going to strongly advocate for no HPT's. We can just wait for the doctor's verdict and not ruin our 4th of July weekend.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hey there, I was just talking with a friend who is doing IVF here and she said that you usually have to show 12 iui months with doctors before you get covered. Yikes!

stacey said...

It really depends on your insurance. I don't think it will be an issue with ours. I will pretty much have the best insurance you can get in Massachusetts...which is saying a lot seeing as how it has the best coverage in the nation really.