04 June 2009

Fake out

I'm sitting in the airport as I write. We are on our way to Worcester and are determined to find our next home. KB's mom dropped us off at the airport this morning. We spent the night with them last night after dropping off the furbaby--who loves grandma more than he loves us. Given the choice, he will choose her. She spoils him! I can't even begin to imagine how she will spoil her first grandbaby one day! It was a tiring night. She doesn't know we are ttc, and we are trying to keep it that way. But it is hard because she is super-observant and she knows what she's looking for--she is a retired OBGYN nurse (also my mom is a neo-natal icu nurse and my younger sister is a pediatric nurse--so we are set but also have to be über-good at faking them all out--it's like living with a bunch of psychics--only we don't live with them and none can read palms)! Here was yesterday's synopsis:

KB was very tired all day-- we blamed that on no sleep the previous night.
No alcohol at dinner--"why would I want alcohol when I'm quite tired already?!"
I was crocheting a stuffed pink pig--KB's mom thought they were booties and we laughed it off and made pregnancy jokes followed by a quick (but not too quick) explanation that I am making stuffed animals for neices and a nephew we will be seeing this summer.
KB was moody all night-so I made fun of her like a good insensitive wife.
We had to hide the wrapper to the progesterone suppository (it's currently in the wife's bag)
No coffee this morning (apparently the wife can't stomach coffee for a few hours in the morning)
An incredibly burpy wife--blame it on the Italian food.
A very pale wife--well that's the anemia of course!!!

God I am exhausted. But I think the fake out worked. Not too many more I hope! I don't know how much more of this I can take! I need a nap!

No comments: