22 March 2010

We've made a TERRIBLE mistake...

Last night, because we were bored, and we had free tickets, and the show was 5 minutes from our house...we went to the Carrie Under.wood concert. I knew two songs...and they were covers.

It was a good thing we went, because the wife's boss (the one who gave her tickets) was there...but it was semi-torturous...especially the opening band--which was very countryish. I should make it clear that I am a Seattle-Grunge-raised neo-hippy. So, I like grunge, good alternative, and classic rock...mostly, with a few pop-artists thrown in (read Madonna and Adam Lambert). I also like indie-folk and icelandic melodies. I don't care for Country.

The little bean, however, apparently does. It was moving up a storm in the wife's uterus during the entire show yesterday. I'm trying to convince myself that it doesn't care so much for the music or lyrics...but the vibration. If this kid comes out loving country, I don't know what I'm going to do.

So.......

Operation reverse-the-country damage starts tonight...with a steady playlist of Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, The Beatles, The Who, Bon Iver, Iron and Wine, Wilco...etc. No kid of mine is going to be a country fan! :)

1 comment:

GIsen said...

Throw some Lady GaGa in there to mix it up:)