02 July 2009

One month to go!

On Monday, I finished my contract at the university and now I am a FREE WOMAN (in terms of work that is :))! It feels so good to not be in the clinic anymore! I was so close to punching my boss in the face...about a dozen different times...good thing I didn't! So now, I am only working one part time gig. No more catering, no more statistical consulting, no more clients. From 80 hours to 25 hours a week...all in 24 hours! With the rest of my free time, the wife and I are saying a proper goodbye to Chicago by visiting all of our favorite places and all traditions (regardless of whether they are a favorite or not).

So far we did:
#1 Signature room on the top of the Hancock, followed by the Billy Goat Tavern
#2 Chicago Pride...enough said
#3 The Taste of Chicago

I wonder what #4 will be...

In other news, we most likely found renters. They have passed a credit check and are now reviewing the lease...which we sent them this morning. With any luck, it will be signed and returned, along with the first/last month's rent, tomorrow! Things are starting to wrap up real nicely!

Now if only we can make it through the second week of our tww!

No comments: