01 June 2010

The Baby-moon

The wife and I decided several months ago that we would take one last vacation, with just the two of us (in outside-of-the-womb life that is) before baby-girl is born. So...I just happened to get a reservation at an awesome little cabin that is usually sold out for years ahead of time on Cape Cod, and we enjoyed 3 lovely nights (that also coincided with Memorial Day Wknd and the Wife's 36th birthday) on the beach. Literally, our cabin was beachfront...and waves may have hit the house a few times during high tide. It was so so so great. And realistically, in about 9 weeks or so, we won't be enjoying wknds away without children very often. So it was needed.

the funny thing is, the whole time we were there, while I was thinking about how nice it was to be just the two of us, I was also fantasizing about bringing baby-girl to the beach and watching her toddle around and I was thinking about how our accomodations would be perfect for a couple and a baby....And I bought a few souvenirs for someone who has yet to be born (although, how can you pass up a 1973 edition of "Peanuts" dictionary? Really.)...

Let's hope that I can actually bring baby-girl to the beach and that there won't be a decade-long ban on swimming in ocean water because of the BP--f-up. And on that note, I think all you readers should boycott BP and spread the word. There has to be some way of holding them accountable for their lack of action. Maybe a grass-roots movement is just the thing...

Anyhoo.

It was a beautiful wknd...but I'm so ready for this parenting thing. And she's coming in 9-12 weeks!

No comments: