06 February 2010

Well that was fast.

We went to a big baby supply store today to test out a few strollers we had researched. When my dad has his mind set on doing something, he has to do it immediately, and if he's buying, I'm in. So I emailed him with our selection tonight and he called three hours later with the tracking number. But that's not all. He also did some product safety research. He's cute.

So while we were there we also did our entire registry (split between two stores). How could we resist? I was fine until I got to feeding and then felt completely overwhelmed and irritated (we had already been there a while). It's been a long time since my nannying days and they've come out with a LOT of new products. I can't believe how much stuff we ended up registering for. Feels like when we got married all over again (except for the fact that all the stuff we registered for huckleberry will be used more than a lot of stuff we got for the wedding). 25 years until I can start spending my money on me again. Wow.

4 comments:

Briannon Lee said...

Ooohhh we did a heap of shopping a few weeks ago and there is A LOT of stuff around isn't there?!

Hope Huckleberry is going well.

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

It is COMPLETELY overwhelming. I walk in and find myself getting truly irritated about the amount of research I have to do just to avoid being ripped off! On the other hand, I did walk out of a store last night carrying a giant stuffed wooly mammoth...

"25 years until I can start spending my money on me again. Wow." - So true. I felt guilty last week for purchasing a pair of shoes for work- and Butterbean isn't even here yet.

Which stroller system did you choose?

stacey said...

Well it certainly is fun to walk through baby stores when one is on the way. All those times we walked through stores depressed when we were trying have been wiped away! Stroller-wise we went with the chicco cortina system in "discovery" print. It had great safety ratings, was super easy to manuver, folds up with one hand, and met all of our criteria. Plus, we know others who have been very happy with it. Gracos were very bulky and don't turn well. Britex are expensive and we didn't feel they were better than the chiccos.